What We Offer
CHL core services include:
• Standard ICPA Crane Hire
• Contract lifts
• Lift and Shift Services
• Heavy Transport Services
• CSCS Certified Banksmen and Riggers
• CPCS Certified AP's for Lifting Operations
• Traffic Management Solutions
Competency management conforms to the requirements stipulated by the client base and CHL standards. Specifically CHL adheres to the use of Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) and Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS).Continue Reading
CHL has a core of circa 50 employees who operate from our Cork and Dublin Depots. We deploy our assets
across both Ireland and the UK.
Our team is underpinned by a very pragmatic Board of Directors who together provide the professional and financial assurance required within the sector in which we operate.
Crane Hire Limited was formed in 1967 and remains to this day a business with a strong family focus. providing both standard crane hire and contract crane lift services. At the core of our business is a dedicated team of highly skilled, experienced and qualified crane operators, riggers, fitters and technical support staff.READ MORE
From Site Visit to Demobilisation
- Contract Hire: Arrange for an expert team to visit and review the site, if applicable
- Assessment of job requirements / site specific requirements
- Customized crane plans can be created
- Plan, isometric and side view if requested by the client.
- Contract Lift: Crane Hire Ltd. can suply complete rigging study for the item to be lifted, alongside a wide variety of certified lifting gear.
- Should you require, all jobs can be planned, prepped and superviced by a CPCS appointed person to ensure all work is carried out safely and without incident to the very highest standards possible.
- Mobilisation of all equipment for all cranes and anciliary lifting equipment to site, with cranes rigged in a professional, safe and competent manner
- Jobs executed to milimeter precision by our fully certified and experienced team of appointed persons, crane drivers, and banksmen.
Length of Service: 26 years
Experience: Jarlath has extensive managerial, contractual, and technical experience including CAD-3D through total immersion in the Crane Hire business.
Responsibilities: Operational issues including crane supply, operation, planning and maintenance. Human Resources, Statutory and Insurance issues relating to the mobile crane fleet and drivers.
Qualifications: RGN, CIMA, AITI
Length of Service: 51 years
Experience: Margaret has 47 years experience managing the financial, taxation, legal compliance and administrative aspects of the business.
Responsibilities: Overall management of the Company, Administration and Finance.
Qualifications: NVQ Level 6 Appointed Person
Length of Service: 18 years
Experience: Paul has an in-depth and extensive Crane Hire Project Experience.
Responsibilities: Responsible for developing, assessing and planning the workload.
Qualifications: BAI Civil Structural & Environmental Engineering, AP
Length of Service: 5 years
Responsibilities: Responsible for technical drawing, job planning and preparation of Method Statements alongside Health, Safety & Environmental, System development & training.
Health & Safety
Qualifications: CPCS Tester for Slingers, Crane Operators and Appointed Persons NVQ Level 3, FETAC Level 6 Manual Handling Trainer, British Lloyds Standard Lifting Gear inspector,Occupational First Aider
Length of Service: 13 years
Experience: Keith has substantial testing and inspection experience.
Responsibilities: Responsible for day to day HS&E administration, testing and inspection.
Qualifications: Lean Six Sigma trained, Safepass, manual handling
Length of Service: 2 years
Experience: Barry has considerable experience in the construction industry, particularly in the area of quality control. He was formally employed as a third party analytical test technician in Intel's Leixlip campus, eventually working his way up to the role of Quality Assurance Representative.
Responsibilities: Responsible for quality, scheduling and fleet logistics, and AutoCAD work.