Appointed Person Training
Crane Hire Ltd are the first company in Ireland to offer Appointed Person training in the management of lifting operations.
The course has been developed in accordance with the CPCS requirements. Although founded in U.K. legislation and regulations, we also deal with Irish equivalents where applicable.
Upon completion of this course candidates will be awarded a CPCS trained operator card endorsed with the category Appointed Person (Lifting Operations).
This card is valid for 2 years.
- Background Legislation & Code of Practice: LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA, BS 7121, NSAI I.S. 360
- Planning of a lifting operations including responsibilities, duties and roles.
- Selection of Cranes including crane capabilities and duty charts.
- Preparation of Lift Plans, Method Statements & Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Technical Drawing & Outrigger Loadings
- Crane Stability & Ground Conditions
- Selection of Lifting accessories, Rigging Studies & Slinging Techniques
If you are interested in undertaking this course please call us on +353 1 626 8426 or e-mail email@example.com
All candidates undertaking this course must have an in date Managers & Professionals Health, Safety & Environment test.
The test will need to be held in a certified test centre and takes approximately 45 minutes to complete.
For more details on the test please see:
For further information on the role and responsibilities of the Appointed Person please see our Guide To Safe Lifting